Oh boy my ears are burning...If you haven't heard yet (we only just found out today but please try to keep up ) We got the OK to transfer to Utah. Lets go back...last week the district manager over Utah called Travis up and asked if he wanted to work over there, that they have some openings, he even said that it would be a great career move (inward chuckle, sigh) and so when can you come out and meet with me...well now wouldn't this have been nice a few months ago ; ) Transferring is done a lot within Firestone and isn't really a big deal, but Travis hasn't worked here very long and his District Manager has already said that he is putting him through the operational manager training in September. That's a bit awkward... "hey thanks for believing in me and giving me this opportunity, but I think I will pass" I know for some people this wouldn't be their choice, that they would stay and get promoted-but it was our choice to do the family thing, our kids miss their cousins and friends and I know at least a few people miss me terribly as I do for them : ) Right now moving is a lateral move later if the opportunity came again it might not be. Travis is good at his job and I know that he will have the same opportunities, maybe not as fast, and that's OK. In this day and age it's nice to have a job at all, and one you actually like-even better. Our life is crazy but it's ours and we love it.
Am I one of those special friends??? We are excited for you. What a year you have had. I think you might want to plan on calming down a bit.
ReplyDeleteWait...Did I read this right? Are you moving back to UTAH?! Oh my heck! I'm so excited for you guys! When is all of this happening?
ReplyDeleteThank you to all of you that have been supportive of what we think is the most logical and convienant(long run)decision. I mean really who would turn it down-if it was up to the kids they would want us to make the same choice (of course they were not told what's up yet)I think my family is more important than anything else.
ReplyDeleteYes Stacy you are special ; )
ReplyDelete