Thursday, June 17, 2010

Silver linings




We left Utah at 6 am May 26th and arived in Dallas at 5 pm May 27th. I think we made pretty good time. I was very pleasently surprised at how well the ride went for me and the kids, no complaining no fighting no napping but no regrets either! Canon was awesome always helpful and sweet the only thing he did the whole trip minus the few hours in the night that he slept was to play with his Lego's. He Loves Lego's and I do too after entertaining a four year old 1300 miles non-stop! Ryker enjoyed movies and music and the aqua doodle and books and snacks and so on....he did better than any two year old could be expected no naps but not cranky so oh well. Kenna did great too, she is such a good baby so patient and happy. We stopped whenever she needed a bottle and diaper change and back on the road we went I wonder if she could see the DVD player through the mirror that I used to keep an eye on her, well whatever it was she was a happy girl. The drive went by quickly and we went threw some rain and some hail storms but all in all not bad. I listened to the book Inkheart for most of the drive which made the time go by quickly. Travis drove the U-Haul and listened to books on tape too. He says the truck wasn't the easiest to drive through the winds and rain etc and first gear went out but we made it!


2 comments:

  1. I love the rainbow behind the Uhaul! It looks like it's the actual beginning of the rainbow. Never seen that before. Very cool!

    -- Gabby
    nonchalantgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought it was super cool too, and we could see the whole thing. It was a huge rainbow and Canon asked if we could go to the end. I tried to explain that its light reflecting through rain that as we get closer we wouldnt see it anymore...I was wrong, we drove through the end of the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete